"But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves." - James 1:22

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Recap Camp Wilds Day 3

A big hello to everyone! Not to be a broken record, but the Lord blessed us and the teens with another beautiful and blessed day at Camp Wilds.

We have had a very busy day today and I believe my age is starting to show. Knees hurt, back hurts, found those muscles that thought I would never find them again. I worked them hard and now they are fussing back. Anyway, enough about that...

I attended the Christian Life Seminar this morning with our teens. It was great! Scotty and I were not able to yesterday due to meetings that we were scheduled to attend. Willy Parton spoke on:
Defeating Temptation1. Determine to Escape Temptation
2. Defend Your Heart
3. Delight in the Word of God
4. Depend on God's Grace

We got enjoy a hotdog picnic on the field with our teens for lunch. They played a new group game called AirBall and then many, many activities that they were able to choose.

I went to each and asked them what there one favorite thing has been so far:
Matthew Norman: Big Ball
Alex: Services / Tubing
Matthew Waddell: 3 Ball
Chris: Fishing
Travis: Tubing
Issac: Tubing
Kendall: Christian Life Services
Laken: Christian Life Services
Lauren: Tubing
Sarah: Big Slide
Courtney: Big Slide
Mackenzie: Tubing
Harley: Cabin Mates
Katie: Tubing
Melanie: Big Swing
Ashlyn: Big Swing
Christina: ?
Angel: ?

Last night I stated that the message was gun barrel straight and hard. Tonight I will add hot. Brother Ron delivered a solid gospel message on Hell.

Hell, A Place of the Damned.  Luke 16:19-31
1. Reality of a Place Called Hell
2. Residence of a Place Called Hell
3. Report from a Place Called Hell
4. Rescue from a Place Called Hell

This was a very convicting message and I am glad our teens were able to hear it. I pray that God will use it to change the lives of everyone of our teens!

Sorry for the long update. Its been a busy day and there's alot to talk about.

Thanks to Tim and Stephanie for visiting today.

I'll shut up now. It is 11:02 and Scotty is already over there in his bunk wanting me to turn the lights off ; )