"But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves." - James 1:22

Friday, June 29, 2012

Recap Camp Wilds Day 4

We enjoyed another beautiful day at Camp Wilds.

A couple of quick things I forgot during the Wednesday update. First a big thank you to those who mailed cards to the teens. It is a huge blessing to the teens. That is not coming from me either. That is coming from the teens themselves. I had a couple of our older teen guys actually bring theirs to me so I could read them.  The mail is a very welcomed sight for each of them. Your encouraging words are truly a help to them. So thank you again for supporting our teens in that way. (Thanks from me and Scotty as well. Your words for us were uplifting and a welcomed reminder of home.)

Now I forgot what the second thing was from yesterday that I wanted to say... maybe it will come to me.

In my defense, it is now 11:47pm and we literally just got off the zipline with Matthew N., Laken, Kendall and Chris.

I am going to take Thursday's update in reverse order.

We just finished a fun time, open Night Big Swing and ZipLine. Stations for pizza, doughnuts, drinks, Cool Beans, putt putt & basketball. Right before that was an awesome group game called Tic Tac Go. Your kid can tell you about it.

Tonight's service was once again very good. Several of the teens have stated how consistently good all of the services have been and how each service has helped them in some way. Scotty and I were saying the same thing. God has used each service to either convict or help us as well. To God be the Glory,  great things He has done...and is doing.

Portrait of Powerful Prayer
  Characteristics of a Prayer WarriorWarrior
1. They Believe the Promise of Prayer
2. They Believe the Power of Prayer
3. The Perception of Prayer

Earlier this afternoon the teens enjoyed the County Fair. This has many fun games on the field and activities

This morning, Chapel was on Principles of Powerful Living taken from Romans 12: 9-13.

Scotty and I then attended a mens' sponsor session: From Panic to Praise, God Opens the Red Sea. Exodus 14.  At this time,  the teens were on their "God and I" time.

Thanks to Amanda, Grayson, Salem, Chad, Jason, Erin, Lisa & Michael for visiting today. They timed their arrival perfectly for the Family Reunion time. This is a time where Scotty and I get to gather all of the teens together in one spot. We get to hear from them, what help they have received so far, services that touched them or just basically whatever they want to share with us and the teens group.

As Scotty told them during Family Reunion, the week is not over. God still has something for each of them. Please continue to pray that every teen will be receptive and obedient to what God wants of them.

 As I look at the clock, Friday has snuck up on me. Morning comes quickly at Camp Wilds!

Three of our teens participated in the teen choir (VERY Proud of them !) You get to play "Where's Waldo". See if you can spot our three teens. Your hint: 1 guy and 2 ladies.