"But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves." - James 1:22

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Camp Wilds Day 1

Good Tuesday morning from The Wilds. I apologize for not getting this update to Brandon last night so he could post it on the blog. It is a full week of campers and I ended up having a roommate as well. When I got back from the service last night at close to 11pm, he was already in bed. I didn't want to disturb him, so I just got ready for bed and turned in myself. I don't know how he made from the service last night and into his bunk by the time I walked straight up myself. I guess a 3 hour ride on a charter bus is hard on a 28 year old. But I digress....
We ran through one shower on the drive up yesterday with traffic very heavy all the way. Charlie embarrassed the group really bad at Wendy's during lunch. So much that I don't want to type it down. I'll tell you guys about it next Sunday.  When we got to the Wilds you could see where it had rained but it was basically dry. By the time check in time rolled around, the skies had opened up. It was pouring. It poured the entire time we checked in. Pour Charlie was getting the luggage off the van for our kids and getting soaked. He pulled pieces off as our kids came down in stages. Then he would load them back up to keep them from getting wet the best he could. I felt sorry for the kids and counselors having to get to the cabins in the rain. Kristin and I felt sorry for Charlie also as we look out of the Moose room down the giant hill to where we could watch Charlie getting drenched.
Check in took a little longer than normal due to the rain. Shortly after check in, the rained stopped. We had no more rain the rest of the day.
Yesterday you may have noticed the world shifted slightly off it axis. In my attempt to get a late comer in a cabin with the rest of our younger girls, my good intentions backfired and split the groupup in half. Quickly realizing this was not going to make for a good week, a very sweet young lady in the office (Alyssa) assisted me getting the right people together in the right cabins. The world started spinning correctly again, birds chirped, I think I heard angels singing. Lesson learned!
After a meeting for the sponsors and the campers, they enjoyed a large game of Big Balls on the field. That is a fun game. The entire time you could hear large rumbles of thunder over the mountain,  but it never rained.
We entered last night service at 9:20. The speaker this week is Steve Pettit. He had a great message to start the week. He based his message from Exodus 34. Though he went to many versed speaking on
"Is God Good?"
The Bible declares God is good
The Bible defines thst God is good.
The Bible describes God is good
The Bible demonstrates God is good.
He tied it all together using Romans 2:4 telling us what God's goodness is all about.
More to come... stay tuned.